Monday, June 7, 2010

Saturday's Numbers

Race Number - 529
1/2 mile swim
16 mile bike ride
3 mile run
5 places I was inked (with permanent marker)
- on each arm, each leg and back of calf -
Completion time - 2:41

Yep, I did something completely crazy, but completely addicting. I participated in a triathlon on Saturday. My first ever! I was totally nervous. It started with the swim. I was pooped by the time I was done swimming. Then on to the bike - 16 miles and there were tons of hills. I was so tired. But still not done with my race. I had a 3 mile run to complete. PHWEW I was tired. I finished and that's what I was going for. Next time (yes there will be a next time) I will be faster.
Finally finished! I was so happy to have my family there to cheer me on.

My number had worn off by the time I was done, so I had Curtis mark me again. I am dang proud. I worked hard to get it done!

7 comments:

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I am SO PROUD OF YOU! You did it! I knew you would do another one..GREAT JOB!

Emily H said...

SO proud of YOU!!

Emily H said...

You are my hero!! So cool. I want to do one!!

KaYla said...

CONGRATS ! Whens the next one?

Juls said...

Wow! That's Incredible! Congrats!!!

J

Rogers Roundup said...

You totally ROCK!!! You are awesome!

Heather said...

Way to go girl!! A bunch of girls in my ward are training for one right now but I had to go and get pregnant so I couldn't do it! It sounds like fun. I want to try the mud run after this baby. I heard its really fun!