Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My New Bench

For awhile I have had a basket in my entryway to put all our shoes in. It gets overloaded so fast. We empty it out, but I can't ever keep it under control. My awesome friend Natalie gave me the idea to put a bench and shelf at the bottom of my stairs. Being the "blogstalker" that she is, she found the plans for the Pottery Barn Bench and Shelf from the website Knockoff Wood. The web site is SSSOOO cool. If you ever have anything you want to build, there are TONS of plans there. I have a very big "Honey Do" list from them. These are only the pictures of my bench, my shelf needs one more coat of paint, then I can hang it. Yay! I'll post pictures of that when I am done. Oh yeah, Pottery Barn's bench costs $299 - my bench $29.00! Can I get a Woot Woot!!!

It started from a single sheet of MDF - $29.00
It took all these power tools plus a couple more

About 3 cans of soda and 6 hours (a little overboard, I know)

To get this. . .

And here it is finished! My awesome hubby did such a great job! I say my hubby did it because I got kicked off of sanding and painting. I did a little sanding and painting, but it wasn't as good as it needed to be. I am not that patient. I just wanted it DONE! He took over and made it perfect!

6 comments:

Holli said...

That looks awesome! I'm like you - I don't have the patience to do all the work to high quality. I just want it done! Thank heavens for handy (and patient) husbands!

Laura said...

Love it! We have a store bought bench with little shoe cubbies in it but I like the design you have so much!!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

It looks so good! WOOT WOOT!! I like the baskets too!

Emily H said...

WOOT WOOT! What are the chances he would want to make one more??

Shannon said...

Thats is so so cute! I love it and it looks so good right there!!!

Heather said...

AMAZING!!! It looks so good!