We were decorating our Christmas tree. I have an ornament that is supposed to be ribbon candy. Natalie sweetly asks "Mom, are we going to put the bacon on the tree?" I about died laughing. She wasn't too happy with me.
Eyes in the Back of My Head
I have the girls convinced that I have eyes in the back of my head. They don't open unless they are doing something wrong. I was at choir practice with Natalie. I was speaking to one of the YM that was really tired and told him I could see that he was sleeping through choir practice because I have eyes in the back of my head. Natalie turned around and said, totally serious, "It's true - she does!" Haley told me she can't wait to be a mom so she can have eyes in the back of her head. They are totally convinced. I hope I can keep it up.
Prayers
I love it when the kids say prayers. Never a dull moment when they are praying. We were at the breakfast table and it was Natalie's turn to say the prayer. She said "bless that we can grow big and strong and that we won't be midgets like the girl in 2nd grade!" It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud.
No More Jumping on the Bed
We have a rule that there is no jumping on the bed. Kate only has a mattress on the ground. She loves to jump and march on her bed. Yesterday morning she laid her blanket on her bed. I then told her no jumping on the bed. She said "I not jumping bed, I jumping blanket!" Another thing she likes to say is that she is not jumping on her bed, she is marching. She is too smart! Such a stinker!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Funny Things . . .
Posted by Nicole at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
I forgot about the "eyes in the back of my head" line. My mom used to use that on us all the time! I'm going to try it next time Carter says he's being "sneaky"!
When I was little my mom said something like this to us, and I remember totally believing it. It was like her motherly instinct, she was always there when something happened, and so with that when I was doing things as a kid, I always had that in the back of my head, and she DID always know, she felt when I was up to no good and busted me before I could admit or get caught. It also did make me think before I acted. I usually did 'bad things' away from the house, cause I knew shed find out. And she always always knew when we were up to no good. lol...this story of the eyes in the back of the head just reminded me of how our young minds think and take everything so literally. lol
Post a Comment